VOTERS STRONGLY SUPPORT MEASURE M
Valley Unified School District provides a high-quality education to
more than 34,000 students at 40 schools. Our students' test scores
demonstrate increasing academic achievement over the past 10
years, and our graduation rate exceeds both the state and national
In order to repair and update Moreno
Valley schools, the School Board voted June 17, 2014, to place a $398
million bond measure on the Nov. 4, 2014, ballot. The community
overwhelmingly approved Measure M, giving it close to 64% of the vote.
Measure M priorities include:
- Modernizing schools and classrooms to improve access for students with disabilities
the facilities and equipment needed for career and technology
education classes to prepare students for college and good paying jobs
in fields like science, technology and the trades
- Making funding available to protect the quality of instruction in core subjects like math, science and technology
- Upgrading classrooms, science labs, career-training facilities and computer systems to keep pace with technology
student safety and security systems, including security lighting,
fencing, smoke detectors, and fire alarms and sprinklers
- Identifying and replacing faulty gas pipes to prevent school shutdowns
- Repairing and replacing leaky roofs, worn-out floors, old, rusty plumbing and faulty electrical systems
Fiscal Accountability for Local Funding
Measure M will provide $398 million in local funding to improve Moreno Valley schools.
money raised by this measure will stay at local schools to support our
children's education. It cannot be taken away by the state or used
for any other purpose. It also requires a clear system of
accountability, including a project list detailing exactly how the
money will be used, an independent Citizens Oversight Committee to
review all bond expenditures, and annual independent audits to
ensure the money is spent properly.
Recommended projects are included in the comprehensive Facilities Master Plan.
The School Board resolution authorizing Measure M is linked below.